What Makes Us Different?
In addition to our years of experience, we have a Masters level athletic training staff to assist active adults and school athletes recover from injury safely. Most of all, we have a positive, supportive attitude. We know it can be difficult to move through pain, so we try to keep things light and enjoyable as we work through your therapy.
In addition to our already well-trained staff, Dynamic Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine is a clinical site for the University of Charleston Sports Medicine Department, training new athletic trainers and instructing them in the best ways to treat sports-related injuries. We are also affiliated with Wests Virginia State University and West Virginia University.
Alicia Platz, PT (Owner)
– Graduated Cum Laude from West Virginia University in 1990
– Staff Physical Therapist at CAMC Medical Rehabilitation 1990-1992
– Staff Physical Therapist at CAMC Sports Medicine Center 1992-1995
– Served as clinical instructor for WVU School of Physical Therapy 1990-1995
– Completed educational advancement course including, but not limited to, ataxia, joint replacements, aging and cognition, foot and ankle complex, advancements in shoulder surgery and rehabilitation, diabetes, carpal tunnel, and pain management
Jill Lanier, MSPT (Owner)
– Graduated from WVU with Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Physiology
– Graduated 2001 from Chatham College with MS in Physical Therapy
– Owned and operated Fluid Motion Physical Therapy from 2003-2008
– Specialized in vestibular rehabilitation including Canalith Repositioning
– Hands-on manual therapist with multiple classes of myofascial release techniques
– Worked PRN for Dynamic Physical Therapy for 6 years and has been full time since September of 2012
– Trained in Graston Technique
Matthew Bates, DPT, Cert. MDT
– Graduated from WVU Physical Therapy School in 2012
– Physical Therapist at Dynamic from 2012-2013
– Worked in the Raleigh, NC area as a Physical Therapist from 2013-2016
– Returned to Dynamic in 2017
Certified Mckenzie Provider since March 2015
– Credentialed Clinical Instructor
– Enjoys helping others get healthy and return to their daily lives in
Stacy Christian, PT, DPT, Pelvic Health Specialist
– Graduated from WVU with BA in Psychology 1997
– Graduated from Wheeling Jesuit University with MS in Physical Therapy 1999
– Graduated from Wheeling Jesuit University with Doctorate in Physical Therapy 2004
– Worked in long term care and as a traveling PT prior to taking some time to be a stay at home mom
-Trained in Pelvic Floor Function, Dysfunction, and Treatment
-Joined the Dynamic Team in 2017
Cara Vandale, Licensed Occupational Therapist
– Graduate from the London School of Occupational Therapy in London, UK
– Cara has been practicing in Charleston, WV since 1990 and specializes in rehabilitation of the upper extremities, custom splinting, amputation, and cumulative trauma.
– Cara is also certified to perform Functional Capacity Evaluations.
Andrew Wright, Licensed Physical Therapist
– George Washington Graduate
– WVU Exercise Physiology Undergraduate
– WVU Doctorate of Physical Therapy
– Enjoys Golfing and Running
– Became a PT to make a difference and help people return to their favorite activities.